Wednesday 2 January 2008

Vive la Resolution!

If my New Year's resolutions are anything to go by, 2008 will be a good year for My DDR T-Shirt. I have identified a handful of what I hope will be achievable targets for the project. In stating them here, I'm trying to put my money where my mouth is.

By this time next year, I hope to:

1. Finish the film (and be happy with it)
2. Organise a 'première' screening somewhere in Manchester
3. Have the film screened by someone other than myself

Simple, huh? Let's see.

I have been able to use some time over Christmas for editing. The project has now broken the 30 minute mark (33 mins). Quite an achievement in itself, but not the only benchmark. The main thing was to catch up with the narrative thread - I think I succeeded with this and hope to march on with things from now on.

This is a longshot, but if anybody reading this has any footage or photographs of East Berlin prior to 1989, Id be interested to hear from you. Even dull street scenes would help, with parked Trabbis etc. If you can help, please get in touch.

No comments: